2/9/17 WITA Event: NAFTA 2.0?
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) was at the forefront of a national discussion of trade in the 2016 election. On Thursday, February 9, before a standing-room only crowd, WITA examined what revisiting the 23-year old agreement might look like.
Experts discussed the legal and political implications of renegotiating NAFTA, and did a deep dive into several critical industries and what changes to the Agreement might mean for their sectors.
Welcome – Kenneth Levinson, WITA Executive Director
Introduction – Nelson Cunningham, McLarty AssociatesPanel 1: Macro-economic, foreign policy and political issues
- Uri Dadush, Bruegel and the OCP Policy Center
- Matt Gold, Fordham University School of Law
- Thea Lee, AFL-CIO
- Antonio Ortiz-Mena, Albright Stonebridge Group
- Moderator: Nelson Cunningham, McLarty Associates
Panel 2: Industry perspectives on renegotiating NAFTA
- Sarah Bovim, Whirlpool
- Ralph Carter, FedEx Express
- Michael Dykes, International Dairy Foods Association
- Ari Giovenco, Internet Association
- Moderator: Doug Goudie, Pfizer
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)